Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9th, 2012...100 days and counting.

Well, the laundry is done.  It's funny what couples fight about.  I once listened to a Dane Cook show where a couple was fighting over whether or not they had jelly in the cupboard.  I can't say fighting happens a lot in our house, but it makes me sad when bickering does happen. 





It's funny when you get engaged, everyone says," the wedding stress will really put a huge weight on your relationship."  And then when you get married they say," well, the first year is the hardest year."  I promise next year, someone will say, "ohh, the second year is the hardest." 


Well, I have the answer.  It's all hard some days and the easy on the rest of those days.  The best marriage advise I have ever read was make sure not to both fall out of love at the same time.  Sounds harsh, but the way I see it.  Some days, you are going to be annoyed and have your doubts...on those days your partner will show you they love you and remind you why you wake up grateful everyday for another day by their side.  I know what you are thinking, what happens when you fight, and you'd rather make out with your enemy then say you are sorry.  Well...those minutes fade and if you think of how small they are in the grand scheme of your life, go for a walk and don't sweat them.  My husband is my soul mate and,yes, we fight.  It's natural and would be weird if we didn't.


So, on our 100 days together we wake up and are madly in love (ummm with a puppy sleeping in between of course) and bicker over how many dryers to use while doing the laundry.  What's that saying the kids are all saying now...SMH...yes, shaking my head.  I swear I felt Dane Cook around the corner writing notes for material for his next show.


So, yes, the laundry is done.  And now I am off to study for my second week of my second semester in Nursing school.  


Much love,










No comments:

Post a Comment